WORKSHOP GROUPS ARE LIMITED TO ONLY FIVE PARTICIPANTS PER DAY EXCEPT THE BEAUTIFUL EYES PREMIUM AFRICAN PHOTOGRAPHY SAFARI IS ONE ON ONE FOR RESERVATIONS USE THE CONTACT FORM
The TBE workshops: You love photography, making photographs is one of your passions, you thrill in exploring the visual world, capturing an amazing moment and then sharing it with your friends. Perhaps you even like to exhibit or publish your photographs. Our workshops help to keep your passion alive and thriving, but always with emphasis on keeping it simple and personal. Our groups are limited to only five participants per day, so one by one coaching is possible.To provide you with this extremely original photography exercise, an early reservation is needed. After having seen our first newsletter, many photography enthusiasts found the way to our gallery and joined the walk. You can convince yourself by visiting our photowalk blog, see the work and read the statements of inspired walkers from all over the world: http://stonetownphotowalk.wordpress.com The Beautiful Eyes is the only one who provides the facilities for this niche in Unguja and Pemba (Zanzibar).
Your private workshop can include: A pre-workshop consultation, Discovering your artistic direction, Review your artistic process, Portfolio building or review, critique and analysis Review and critique of your website with analysis of your on-line presence, Artistic development discovering your artistic style, vision and direction. Preparing and submitting a photo book for publication, Preparing and editing an on-demand published book, Goal setting action plan for implementing goals, Guided photo shoots that could include models/nudes/portraits (models provided), Review and analysis of tools used camera system, computer, software, printer, Complete one-on-one 100% access during custom workshop we will be together. email for available dates or use the contact page.
The photowalk: If you want to increase your photography skills and make fine art photographs instead of taking common postcard holiday pictures, then you should join us on one of our “photowalks”. We invite you to go for it, with one of our professional photographers. We devote the magical hours of the early morning or late afternoon to making photographs so that your emotional moments are expressed in beautiful light. Seeing and photographing Stone Town, at the right time and at an atmospheric place, makes this walk an exciting and unforgettable photo adventure. We will work on cultivating simplicity and making more powerful photography, supporting the notion that a photograph is not ‘taken’ but ‘made’. To make a photograph, you only need to be aware, open and responsive to the possibilities of the present moment. After the walk we discuss your photography, with a glass of nice wine, a cold beer or good cup of coffee. The photowalk experience will last round three hours and $ 150,- US P.P. not more than four participants.
The portraits session: The face as an expression of the emotion: We will meet in an interior of a brilliant historic location at the centre of Stone Town, for a four hours workshop. This remote, sacred region with its sculpted soil, sweeping vistas and extraordinary light is an ideal dramatic background for figurative image making. We will work collaboratively with our models to connect this sacred building to our own individual vision. Light can be exclusive, often it’s too harsh or too soft, too warm or too cool. It can even be too dark or too bright. We will work on maximizing light potential, using exposure as creative control. The available light will be used more effectively to create more powerful images with mood and personal style. We make portraits of children, women of various age and older men, some of them even in cultural Muslim outfit.
The shamba photoshoot: The smell of a green day.This is not an ‘African Safari’ trip but a deeper, richer, more culturally sensitive photo-shoot into the heart and spirit of real African life. During this one day-photo-shoot we will make photographs of the lives of citizens of a Zanzibar shamba village, and enjoy a homemade village lunch. This will be a unique opportunity to develop and pursue a deeply personal documentary project. With the guidance of Hans and Zakia, and the support of our African guides, you can leave preconceptions and misleading media stereotypes behind. Let’s not forget about the new friends we meet along the way. Learning how to identify the spiritual and sacred essence of a space, a person or a participant, will help you to find the link between what you see and what you feel. This is not just a photo workshop; while creating a strong, personal documentary project of your own choice, you also have an opportunity to use your art in service to the communities we visit.
OUR NEW TBE ZANZIBAR ISLES PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR 2013
- Experience the wonders of this magical journey to the Spice Islands in the Indian Ocean, these two main islands of Unguja and Pemba combined make up Zanzibar influenced by over two centuries of differing cultures, Phoenicians, Persians, Portuguese, Omani Arabs, Dutch and British have all settled here at one time or another, and their influences can be seen locally
- Step aboard and sail on a traditional dhow to an idyllic beaches and nature trails treasure isle
- Mingle with Pemba to this day remains untouched by the stem of tourism.
- Wander trough Stone Town (on Unguja the once main historical trade and slave market capital of East Africa is now a UNESCO world heritage site)
- Explore the abundance of amazing colonial architecture with its ever winding alleyways and local markets with its famous Doors and Bazaars.
- Witness the revitalization of a sunset black magic ritual dance on a historical site.
- Meet Hans a Dutch professional photographer of almost 30 years experience and long term resident of Zanzibar/Tanzania, moved to Central and East Africa opened Africa’s first Fine Art photographic Gallery ” The Beautiful Eyes”
- Meet Zakia a born and bred Zanzibari with an eternal passion for being behind a lens, and now overseeing her ” Zanzibar House of Photography ® “ project. She brings her strong connections and knowledge for Tanzania to the table and as gifted photographer has a lot to benefit individuals on this journey.
- Discover unique artistic traditions and witness “hidden Africa” in the sense that through our very close ties with various communities around the Archipelago of Zanzibar’s Isles to be able to show you an insiders personal perspective and through these closely nurtured religious and family ties we will make it possible for your to truly experience a side of Africa that is otherwise a closed-door!.
- Take part in this small group sized 5 persons tour
All available info, photos and booking form very detailed here